Geospatial Web Quest
- Try the Geospatial Web Quest. This print-and-copy task helps students become familiar with the Geospatial Christchurch website functions. It also assists students with their inquiry skills, particularly information gathering and asking good questions. Students need to have an internet connection and their class login. Word (52k) | PDF (480k).
Geospatial Audio Activity
- Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded audioconferences - Word (29k) | PDF (136k). Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together a class audioconference summary.
|Curriculum Area||Strand||Background Pages||Learning Outcome||Activity|
Place and Environment
|Curriculum||Strand||Background Pages||Learning Outcomes||Activity|
Number and Algebra
Geography Achievement Standard 1.8
Using Eagle Technology and ArcGIS Online you can evaluate the affect of the Canterbury earthquakes. Lesson Plan - PDF (454k). How to set up a ArcGIS account - PDF (181k).
Interactive, self-marking activities
- Where am I?
- Collecting Geospatial Data - Surveying
- GPS and GIS
- Topographic Maps
- Property Information and Subdivisions
- Rebuilding Christchurch Infrastructure
- A New Central City