For each day of the field trip, including the day spent travelling, Shelley writes a diary which is published online along with photos for the day.
- Diary 1 - Monday 27 May 2013. Join Shelley and Alvin as they travel north from Dunedin to Christchurch to start the Geospatial field trip.
- Diary 2 - Tuesday 28 May 2013. Brave the freezing weather in Christchurch to see how land information is collected, shared and used to help with the rebuild of Christchurch.
- Diary 3 - Wednesday 29 May 2013. Enjoy the fresh snow in Christchurch and discover more about how to read and use topographic maps.
- Diary 4 - Thursday 30 May 2013. Hike up to the top of the Port Hills to find out how land elevation is measured. Visit the Port of Lyttelton and see how mariners navigate.
- PDF documents: To view or print out PDF documents you will need the Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Reader. This is available for free from the Adobe website.